Sunday, February 16, 2014

Roasted Chicken

    Hi , my name is Zoie and I'm thirteen years old . My grandmother , Mom's Dutch Oven ,was telling me that when I go off to college , I need to know how to make dinner .Tonight , grandma said I should make Roasted Chicken . She just gave the directions and sent me off by myself . 
            *ingredients*
  Chicken
-2 whole chickens
-1 onion
-poultry spice 
-half-stick of butter per chicken
-non-stick spray 
-oven bags 
   I first brought out all my ingredients and opened up my chicken and let the juices drain in the sink . After that , I rinsed the chicken  , I was determined to get innards out (with rubber gloves on)but , I "Chickened" out and grandma ended up doing it for me . Then , I sprayed the inside of the bags and put the chicken in them . I next , cut the onion in forths and stuff them in the chicken with the half-stick of butter  . Next , I rub the poultry spice on the top of the chicken and twist and tuck the end of the bag between the pan and the chicken . Then let it cook in the oven for two hours and enjoy with some homemade gravy (made with the broth from the chickens)and eat up!        

No comments:

Post a Comment